Do you have some astronomy equipment you are no longer using? ASN is providing a Swap Meet section on the website where ASN members can advertise appropriate items. There are several websites that provide this information. An advantage for the ASN's “Swap Meet” exchange is that members and non-members can save on shipping costs when transactions are made locally.
ASN Swap Meet Rules.
Transactions between Members and Non-members:
- You must be a member of ASN to post equipment on the ASN website.
- In order to acquire published items, members will provide contact information to be made available to members and non-members. Such contact information will appear publically on the ASN Website.
- ASN is not part of the transaction: All transactions, prices, exchanges, and returns are between the two or more individuals. ASN officers will not act as negotiators or intermediaries.
- If shipping charges are involved in the transaction, such charges must be agreed upon by the individuals participating in the exchange.
- ASN Members will provide a photograph, suggested price, first name and last name initial, a phone/text number and/or email address. This information can be presented for posting to any ASN Officer during the monthly meeting. This information can also be sent via email.
- There is no guarantee that your submission will be accepted for publication on the ASN website.
- ASN does not buy any equipment.
- Members and non-members can make donations to the ASN.
- Donations will be used for fund raising purposes through suggested monetary appraisal.
- You may donate astronomical equipment by calling or texting 775-356-0102.
- There is no guarantee that donated equipment will be accepted.